Mark at the Va CEO Retreat!Written on April 13, 2011
As an active member of The Virginia Council of CEOs, Mark Morton was one of 80 people to attend the 2011 CEO Retreat at Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg.
From what we’ve heard from Mark and the other attendees, it was a really good event!
Here’s a great picture of the CEO’s, and a summary of the event’s first day from Va CEOs website.
It’s all smiles at the 2011 CEO Retreat at Kingsmill Resort. Here are some highlights from today.
– It is hard to get to the meetings on time because there are so many cool people to talk to.
– Kingsmill always puts outstanding meals in front of us.
– Jay Goltz had the CEOs buzzing with his ideas about the “new” way to approach business.
– Somehow, we lined up 80 CEOs for this group photo in less than 10 minutes. No herding cats jokes needed.
– Robins School professor Jeff Pollack awarded coveted VACEOs bat for his work on the CEO Economic Outlook Survey.
– President Obama and family rumored to be arriving soon (don’t think he is here for our meeting).
– Eric Herrenkohl got us working on “How to Hire A-Players” and gives us the two most important interview questions. 1) Tell me a little about what you did in each previous job. 2) Follow up with broad, open-ended questions that get behind the programmed answers.